Good Signals is ready to come out from under a rock and is looking for a marketing manager.
We’re done with being digital marketing’s best-kept secret. Everybody has heard of the tale about the cobbler’s shoes. Well, in this story, we’re the cobbler. We’re so focused on client work that we never get the time to do our marketing. Rather than taking time away from clients, we are seeking an enthusiastic and driven marketing manager with a growth mindset to raise the profile of Good Signals and help us achieve our annual growth targets by driving new business leads.
This is an agency marketing manager role, where you will be working full-time on the marketing of Good Signals, not client work. The marketing manager role is simple yet key: create a strategy, schedule a plan, and execute the activities to generate new qualified leads.
You’ll be responsible for all marketing activities so that our marketing is done effectively and consistently. You should have a balance of 20% strategic and 80% execution to really thrive in this role.
The successful candidate will need to be creative and self-starting, able to work autonomously, a great communicator (verbally and in writing), and embrace new applications and technology.
You’re someone who is great at getting things done and is organized. Some days you’ll be executing and reporting on a marketing campaign; other times you’ll be pulling together events and networking for the community, so the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is vital.
• Devising and delivering the marketing plan for the Good Signals brand, driving new opportunities into the business and helping maintain a full pipeline across SEO, CRO, and digital PR
• Finding new ways to promote our core offering and service lines
• Testing, implementing, and prioritising activities across a broad range of areas, such as hosting and attending industry events, brand management (agency and personal branding of the team), thought leadership and opinion pieces, content strategy, hospitality, digital marketing, strategic partnerships and alliances, case studies, persona work, award entries, press releases, identifying and organizing speaking/panel opportunities, event sponsorship, joining industry-sector trade bodies, membership associations and communities, newsletters, plan experiential activities/internal projects for fame, coverage, and links
• Taking ownership of all marketing activities around the Good Signals brand
• Reporting the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and providing a regular report of all leads and sources. Analysing the stats/developing ideas to improve engagement/content as necessary
• Ownership of public-facing content and calendar
• Liaising with strategic partners and third parties and managing relevant activity for/with them
• Ownership of the marketing budget – ensuring the marketing budget is on track and providing regular updates to the founder
• Ensuring a robust and accurate CRM database of all contacts and optimising automation where required
• Working closely with and reporting to the founder
• 3-5 years of marketing/event organisation/community management experience
• Ideally with marketing agency experience or someone who has worked in a B2B professional services business.
• Strong, confident communicator
• Self-starter, driven and highly organised, with exceptional IT skills
• Prepared to travel to events/meetings around the UK, and occasionally abroad as and when required
• Able to juggle multiple projects running simultaneously. Manage the strategy through multiple activities and should have a balance of 20% strategic and 80% executional to really thrive in this role
• Salary dependent on experience (range £32-£40k)
• This role is ideally a full-time role; however, if you are seeking a role for 4 days per week, please do not be discouraged from applying
• An excellent working environment in the heart of a start-up community with a great coffee machine, office dog, and a BBQ outside in our communal area
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, LinkedIn profile and tell us in a one paragraph cover note about why you’re right for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line.
We are an East London agency specialising in SEO, CRO & Digital PR. We help brands worldwide rank better in Google, convert more website visitors & earn coverage online.
We’re based out of a repurposed shipping container in Containerville, less than five minutes from Cambridge Heath overground station and 10 minutes from Bethnal Green underground. Containerville is a vibrant community of small businesses, everything from wine and crisp distributors to tattoo studios and dog groomers.
Please find out more about us here.